Greencross Limited (ASX:GXL) 26% in 4 days!

Matt Felsman

Greencross Limited (ASX:GXL) 26% in 4 days!


Matt Felsman

I have nearly a decade of experience within financial markets, helping my clients to create, grow and protect family and business wealth. Not just a weekday job, I love trading and investing. I have built a team of experienced professionals who...

Expertise

No areas of expertise

gxl

Comments

Please sign in to comment on this wire.
Medium img 0538

Matt Felsman

There are high barriers to entry in this space - specialist and emergency vet centres stand to benefit from the increasing technological advances that have occurred in veterinary medicine which require expensive specialised equipment and facilities....

Medium img 0538

Matt Felsman

The number of registered Veterinarians have grown by 73% over the decade with numbers to exceed 11,000 in FY 2013!

Medium colts2

Canaccord Colts

that's meant to read 'greater than' 100 by now

Medium colts2

Canaccord Colts

and up tenfold in three years. incredible. and to think the have only rolled up ~5% of the domestic vet clinic market, with the remaining 95% wide open for consolidation.

Medium colts2

Canaccord Colts

The increasing oversupply of vets will accelerate the push for consolidation. Greencross' weakness is there are low barriers for entry, so competitors are likely to appear. Maybe that is why they are acquiring clinics so aggressively. They must be >100 by now?

Medium colts2

Canaccord Colts

I know it only too well - I am a qualified Vet with a decade in the industry before I retrained in finance. I meant the roll-up process has lower barriers to entry. A smart business operator with good networks in the industry, and access to capital could in theory create some competition. The US and UK both have several competing Vet corporate roll-up groups.

Medium colts2

Canaccord Colts

...must be >100 by now?

See 4 more comments