The art of late-cycle investing
Presented by Livewire Markets & sponsored by IRESS
It's been 9 years since this bull market kicked off in March 2009, making it the second longest bull market of all time. The market tremours of early February have quickly shaken us from complacency, forcing us to ask questions like:
- Is the music about to stop?
- How should I position myself and my clients?
- How can I reduce risk?
- Where are the best opportunities?
Who better to help us answer these questions than four of Australia's most respected and successful investors, at the inaugural Livewire Masters Series in Sydney on 27 March 2018.
Get up "close and personal" with four of Australia's most impressive investors:
- Brett Gillespie, Head of Macro, Ellerston Capital. Brett is one of Australia's most renowned experts in Global Macro Investing. During a 26-year career he's recorded only one year of negative return/benchmark under-performance.
- Hamish Douglass, Lead Portfolio Manager, Magellan. Hamish is a visionary in the funds industry and has been the driving force behind the inexorable rise of Magellan, which was founded in 2006 and now has $58 billion FUM.
- Phil King, Portfolio Manager, Regal Funds Management. Regal Funds Management is one of Australia's oldest and best performing alternative fund managers. Phil, a "Master of the Market", is highly regarded for his stock-picking prowess and market instincts.
- Steven Ng, Portfolio Manager, Ophir Asset Management. Ophir is a high-conviction fund manager with performance to match. The Mercer survey has ranked the Ophir Opportunities Fund as the #1 small-cap fund over 5 years.
The conversations will be moderated by Jonathan Shapiro, Australian Financial Review.
Brett Gillespie & Jonathan Shapiro
The event will open with a fireside discussion with Brett Gillespie, hosted by Jonathan Shapiro. This deep dive will give you front row seats to get inside Brett's analysis, current views, and investment strategies. The focus will be on big-picture moves and the outlook for interest rates, currencies, bonds & equity markets.
Strategy Panel Discussion
Hamish Douglass, Phil King & Steven Ng
Without a doubt, three of Australia's most successful fund managers. With a unique blend of investment styles, this lively panel session will uncover the strategies that can deliver alpha through the full investment cycle. Hear about the most exciting companies they have identified in global and domestic equities, and learn about the different ways they insulate their portfolios against market meltdowns. Get up close and personal and have your questions answered by the best in the business.
Buy Hold Sell Live
Steven Ng & Phil King
See a behind the scenes filming of Livewire's most popular series "Buy Hold Sell" featuring Steven Ng and Phil King.
Drinks and canapes will be served.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Master Series 1 Digital Pass
Watch the videos of all the commentary, predictions and stock tips from these Market Masters for A$29.00. Digital content will be available soon after the live event.
It's late in the business cycle and it's time to go looking for stocks that could benefit as inflation picks up. Phil King of Regal Funds Management and Steven Ng from Ophir share their views on a selection of stocks with the potential to be late cycle gems. Show More