In the latest episode of our Complexity Premia podcast, portfolio management director Ying Yi and I discuss a range of interesting topics, including:
- how you can turn beta into alpha by anticipating policymakers' behaviours;
- whether there is a difference between traders and investors (or are they actually doing exactly the same thing over different horizons);
- why markets have been ignoring the second COVID-19 waves;
- the long-term impact of central banks disintermediating markets, and whether Western statism is ironically coming to resemble socialist central planning;
- forecasting Victoria’s COVID-19 peak in late July; and
- recent portfolio performance.