How strong are the banks at present?

Nicholas Forsyth

Market Matters

The Australian Banking Index is finally enjoying some time in the sun rallying over 10% during the last month. Their results have not been as bad as feared by many and of course they received a big shot in the arm from the RBA when they lowered interest rates to 1.75%. Importantly the market is now factoring in over a 70% chance of another cut in 2016. Our local banks have endured a significant reality check since early 2015 correcting over 30% and putting some clear short term stress on many retail investor portfolios. Not surprisingly a significant percentage of the questions we receive at Market Matters concern the banks. In this report, we cover our current view on the banks. Report link: (VIEW LINK)


1 topic

Nicholas Forsyth
Nicholas Forsyth
Director
Market Matters

Market Matters is an online investment and share trading advisory service designed for those that want to take their wealth further. We specialise in advice for active share market investors, including those new to the markets or those with a Self...

Expertise

No areas of expertise

I would like to

Only to be used for sending genuine email enquiries to the Contributor. Livewire Markets Pty Ltd reserves its right to take any legal or other appropriate action in relation to misuse of this service.

Personal Information Collection Statement
Your personal information will be passed to the Contributor and/or its authorised service provider to assist the Contributor to contact you about your investment enquiry. They are required not to use your information for any other purpose. Our privacy policy explains how we store personal information and how you may access, correct or complain about the handling of personal information.