Aboud: What I'd buy in a market crash
At some point in their lives, most people have lusted after a dream item, but been unwilling or unable to justify the price tag. Whether it’s a car, jewellery, or luxury holiday there's a point at which the price is too high to justify. But then, the retailer suddenly announces a big sale that brings it within reach.
Buying stocks is no different. Quality comes at a price, but occasionally the entire equity market goes on sale - allowing you to snap up your dream stocks at a discount.
In this week’s episode of The Rules of Investing, Anthony Aboud from Perpetual shares two companies that he’d love to buy the next time stocks go on sale. We also discuss his large overweight position in Commonwealth Bank, what he looks for in a compelling short candidate, and the company results he’s most interested to read this February.
- 2:12 – An early investing experience that shaped the way Anthony thinks
- 6:58 – A shocking prediction made at Livewire Live
- 11:46 – How to position yourself in the expensive market we currently live in
- 16:00 – Anthony’s high conviction in CBA
- 19:54 – Why Return on Equity on mortgages is high in Australia
- 21:48 – Xero and Afterpay - the risks associated with high multiple stocks
- 31:57 – Characteristics of a short and an example of one
- 38:00 – The companies Anthony’s most excited for reporting season
- 42:26 – An expensive company Anthony would like to own in a sell-off
- 44:42 – Anthony answers our 3 favourite questions
If you're enjoying The Rules of Investing and don't want to miss a future episode, subscribe now to get notified when a new episode is released.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe on Spotify
- Subscribe on Stitcher
- Subscribe on Google Podcasts.
Or stay up to date with my content by hitting the 'follow' button below and you'll be notified every time I post a wire. Not already a Livewire member? Sign up today to get free access to investment ideas and strategies from Australia's leading investors.
Welcome to Livewire, Australia’s most trusted source of investment insights and analysis.
To continue reading this wire and get unlimited access to Livewire, join for free now and become a more informed and confident investor.
7 stocks mentioned
1 contributor mentioned
The Rules of Investing is one of Australia's top investing podcasts. We interview the leading investment minds from Australia and overseas to better understand their processes and philosophy. After launching in October 2017, there have been over...
Please sign in to comment on this wire.