Everyone loves a bargain, but buying out-of-favour stocks can be a risky business. The five stocks discussed in today’s episode have fallen an average of 32% over the past year, so is it better to snap up some value, or avoid the falling knives?
In this week’s Buy Hold Sell, Matthew Kidman from Centennial Funds asks Anton Tagliaferro from Investors Mutual and Alex Leyland from Leyland Private Asset Management for their view on Vocus, Harvey Norman, and Coca Cola Amatil. The panellists also each share one stock that’s fallen hard which they think offers good value at current prices.
- Neither panellist likes Vocus, with competition and ‘acquisition indigestion’ some of the key reasons
- Alex Leyland thinks the Amazon threat is overdone and Harvey Norman looks like a ‘Buy’
- Anton Tagliaferro thinks Coca-Cola is a reasonable buy below $8, which its non-carbonated division to help make up for weak sales in sugary drinks
Not an existing Livewire member?
Register here to enjoy the benefits of Livewire's free membership including:
- First access to exclusive interviews with leading fund managers and advisors.
- Discover new investment opportunities and products
- Receive the Trending on Livewire morning note featuring the top articles each day.