The market isn’t always right, but a lot of the time it is. As Howard Marks once said, “You can’t do the same things others do and expect to outperform.” Dawn Kanelleas from Colonial First State Global Asset Management and David Allingham from Eley Griffiths share their view on four out-of-favour names.
- Super Retail Group (SUL) has an undemanding multiple but faces the Amazon threat with a full debt load
- Ardent Leisure is problems in the boardroom, on its balance sheet, and with its assets. However, Ariadne’s presence on the register is supporting the share price
- David Allingham identifies a Perth-based residential property developer than he thinks looks attractive
- Dawn Kanelleas has a small-cap financial generating excellent cash flow and trading at a discount to the market and its peers.
Not an existing Livewire member?
Register here to enjoy the benefits of Livewire's free membership including:
- First access to exclusive interviews with leading fund managers and advisors
- Discover new investment opportunities and products
- Receive the Trending on Livewire morning note featuring the top articles each day.