Podcast: The opportunity in emerging markets
A few weeks ago, I sat down with Jonas Daly, Bennelong Fund Management's Head of Distribution, to discuss investing in emerging markets, the importance of alignment with management teams and companies, and what's in the portfolio right now.
We call ourselves far-sighted and fair-minded investors, and we’re looking to invest with far-sighted and fair-minded companies.
- 0:44 - Why there is a cluster of successful asset management businesses in Edinburgh
- 1:55 - The philosophy behind setting up Skerryvore (and partnering with Bennelong)
- 4:38 - Looking under the hood of the Skerryvore team’s process and stock-picking
- 7:20 - … and how this relates to their view on investing in China tech
- 11:06 - The impact of Skerryvore’s non-negotiable focus on alignment
- 15:21 - How the portfolio currently looks, including stock examples
- 20:03 - Stock stories – Heineken and Colgate
Far-sighted and fair-minded
Skerryvore Asset Management is a boutique of BennBridge, the UK arm of Bennelong Funds Management. The team are fundamental, bottom-up investors seeking to create high conviction portfolios of reasonably valued, high-quality companies that are exposed to, or operate in, emerging markets. For more insights, visit Skerryvore's website.
MORE ON Investment Theme
Glen is the Lead Portfolio Manager and a Co-Managing Partner at Skerryvore Asset Management, which he established in partnership with BennBridge in 2019. Prior to Skerryvore, Glen was the Head of Global Emerging Market Equities at Janus Henderson...
No areas of expertise