After a benign few years in financial markets, Arik Star, Portfolio Manager at Ellerston Global Investments, says this year will be “materially different.” In this video, he discusses the major shifts underway, how to invest in these conditions, and outlines two stocks with strong tailwinds.
- The macro environment is changing and it’s more important than ever to stay abreast of the situation
- At a company level, earnings updates are demonstrating the inflationary pressure through wages and input cost increases
- Record low unemployment could inhibit growth at this stage of the cycle
- Pricing power will be critical as inflation starts to bite
- Investing successfully will require finding businesses with tailwinds that will allow them to grow in any environment
- Watch the video for two examples of companies with tailwinds from the EGI portfolio.
Ellerston Global Investments (ASX:EGI) is a concentrated global equity portfolio with a mid/small cap bias based on the highest conviction ideas from a filtered universe of securities that the Manager feels are in a period of ‘Price Discovery’. Find out more