Resources - is the run over?
A more subdued session today at the index level with the market fairly flat, although under the hood, there were a number of big movers. Macquarie Group (MQG) dropped -5.43% to close at $128.81 with the outlook statement the problem in their results. It’s unusual to see the outlook to include the comment of slightly down in terms of their FY20 guidance - Janus Henderson (JHG) was unfortunately worse, down by 12% after missing earnings expectations when they reported overnight while on the flipside, Resmed (RMD) added nearly 10% after reporting a better than expected quarterly. More on these stocks in coming notes and our plans for them going forward.
Overall today, the ASX 200 fell -2pts or -0.04% to 6335. Dow Futures are trading up +25points / 0.10%.
Today I sat down with Shaw & Partners Resource Analyst Peter O'Connor & discussed Fortescue Metals (FMG), BHP & RIO, along with Alumina (AWC), Whitehaven (WHC) & Newhope (NHC) plus best picks in the Gold space.
· Pendal Group Upgraded to Neutral at UBS; PT A$7.85
· Pendal Group Upgraded to Neutral at Credit Suisse; PT A$7.65
· Pendal Group Upgraded to Overweight at JPMorgan; PT A$8.90
· Austal Cut to Hold at Argonaut Securities; Price Target A$2.55
· Janus Henderson GDRs Downgraded to Neutral at Macquarie; PT A$36
· Dexus Cut to Underperform at Macquarie; Price Target A$11.36
· Sky Network TV Raised to Outperform at First NZ Capital
· Super Retail Upgraded to Hold at Morningstar
· Carsales.com Raised to Positive at Evans and Partners
· Credit Corp Downgraded to Sell at Morningstar
· Sundance Energy ADRs Rated New Outperform at Imperial; PT $6
Never miss an update
Stay up to date with the latest news from Market Matters by hitting the 'follow' button below and you'll be notified every time I post a wire.
Market Matters publishes daily market reports and sends SMS alerts when we transact on our portfolio. To get our latest market views and hear when we take new positions, trial Market Matters for 14 days at no cost by clicking here.
MORE ON Daily Report
James is Portfolio Manager & Primary Author at Market Matters, a daily investment report with over 2500 subscribers that offers real market insight. He is also Senior Portfolio Manager within Shaw and Partners heading up a team that manages...