Sirtex's market could be about to get much bigger

Livewire Exclusive

Livewire Markets

Sirtex Medical delivered the first genuine breakthrough in the treatment of liver cancer in a generation, back in the early 2000’s. Use has now expanded to just over a thousand hospitals globally, generating A$264mil in revenue and A$54mil in NPAT in FY16. Yet the company is still only tackling a small fraction of the potential market. Stuart Roberts of NDF Research estimates that the company still has only 2% market penetration, but that three clinical trials are due to report in the next twelve months, positive results from which would allow Sirtex to address far more of the remaining 98% of the market. The stock has been consolidating for most of the year, though there may be significant blue sky ahead. In this video, Stuart Roberts explains why Sirtex is one he will be watching:


MORE ON



Livewire Exclusive brings you exclusive content from a wide range of leading fund managers and investment professionals.

I would like to

Only to be used for sending genuine email enquiries to the Contributor. Livewire Markets Pty Ltd reserves its right to take any legal or other appropriate action in relation to misuse of this service.

Personal Information Collection Statement
Your personal information will be passed to the Contributor and/or its authorised service provider to assist the Contributor to contact you about your investment enquiry. They are required not to use your information for any other purpose. Our privacy policy explains how we store personal information and how you may access, correct or complain about the handling of personal information.