The one essential sector to invest in to reach net zero
With COP26 dominating the conversation in Australia, I spoke to Bennelong’s Holly Old about the role infrastructure will play in the decarbonisation opportunity, particularly within high carbon-emitting industries such as energy and transport.
“Decarbonisation must happen, and the goal of net zero is just not achievable without the right form of infrastructure investment," Old says.
The breakdown of the podcast is as follows:
- 1:18 – Are decarbonisation goals a threat or opportunity to the outlook for global infrastructure?
- 3:06 – Explaining net zero and the Paris Agreement
- 7:22 – The role infrastructure can play in decreasing carbon emissions across two key industries: electricity generation …
- 11:16 – … and transport, including investment in new clean and future technologies
- 15:37 – How 4D integrates ESG factors into its processes, and how the team is positioning its portfolio to invest in the decarbonisation
Invest across the globe
4D Infrastructure is a Bennelong Funds Management boutique that invests in listed infrastructure companies across all four corners of the globe. For more insights on global infrastructure, visit 4D’s website.
MORE ON Investment Theme
1 contributor mentioned
Sarah has almost 30 years of experience across financial services, including 20 years focused on global listed infrastructure. She is an experienced portfolio manager, having successfully launched and managed several listed infrastructure funds...