The current bull market has been running for nine years and with rates and inflation on the rise the cycle is getting long in the tooth. So in this environment which stocks can investors turn to? In this episode of Buy Hold Sell we look at 5 companies that have the potential to perform in the latter part of the cycle.
Matthew Kidman from Centennial Funds hosts Philip King from Regal Funds and Steven Ng from Ophir Asset Management.
- Seven Group Holdings (ASX:SVW) - Caterpillar and Coates comprise 75% of the business, and are already making $500mil annually even though we are still early in the mining cycle.
- Super Retail Group (ASX:SUL) - Is doubling down in a poor performing leisure division really a good strategy?
- Brickworks (ASX:BKW) - The housing cycle still strong, however the cross over in holdings with Soul Patts complicates things.
- Flight Centre (ASX:FLT) - Is in an upgrade cycle, and earnings growth is strong, while there is also still a decent short interest.
- Nine Entertainment (ASX:NEC) - Winning the ratings battle, earnings upgrades to come?
Not an existing Livewire member?
Register here to enjoy the benefits of Livewire's free membership including:
- First access to exclusive interviews with leading fund managers and advisors.
- Discover new investment opportunities and products
- Receive the Trending on Livewire morning note featuring the top articles each day.
Buy Hold Sell is a weekly video series exclusively available through Livewire. In each episode two fund managers are asked for their views 'Buy, Hold or Sell' on five ASX listed companies. The format is meant to be short, sharp, insightful and...