Global opportunities amid COVID-19 with Hamish Douglass
We sat down with Hamish Douglass, CIO of Magellan Asset Management to discuss global opportunities amid COVID-19.
In this interview, Hamish discusses the gap between the U.S. economy and share market, what to watch when it comes to the U.S. election and geopolitical risks, including US-China tensions.
Hamish shares how COVID-19 has influenced his outlook of markets and reveals where he sees ‘pandemic resistant’ investment opportunities.
In this video, Hamish speaks about:
- (0:50) The gap between the U.S. economy and share market
- (5:00) The U.S. presidential election
- (10:09) Reducing MFG's cash position
- (12:09) Why MFG has reduced its healthcare exposure
- (12:53) 'Pandemic resistant’ stocks MFG has been buying
- (16:29) Investments to watch in consideration of US-China tension
- (20:29) The biggest risks to stock selection
- (24:05) The biggest opportunities amid the pandemic
Not already a Livewire member?
Sign up today to get free access to investment ideas and strategies from Australia’s leading investors.
MORE ON Macro
Bell Potter Securities is a leading Australian stockbroking, investment and financial advisory firm that provides a comprehensive offering of financial services to a diversified client base that includes individuals, institutions and corporations.