Buy Hold Sell: 5 stocks riding demographic trends
Investing smartly into growing markets can present great opportunities, and backing demographic trends can be a good way to do this. Australia’s ageing demographic is a well known play on this, but we are also currently seeing tourist numbers, and childcare industry revenue, both growing at around 12% per annum. So for this Buy Hold Sell we talk stocks riding demographic trends, with Matthew Kidman of Centennial hosting Simon Shields from Monash Investors, and Dean Fergie from Cyan Investment Management.
- G8 Education (GEM): Childcare operator: New management, wider margins with better cost controls, fees going up and government supportive. However questions over whether growth becoming harder to come by, given they are looking at greenfields sites rather than acquisitions.
- Sealink Travel Group (SLK): Tourism and Transport company. Has done a great job growing tourism and ferry operations. However, has gone ex-growth, on a big multiple, and doesn’t offer value here.
- Bluesky Alternative Investments (BLA): ‘Strong Buy’, massive growth in FUM. Very scalable.
- Afterpay (AFY): Allows consumers to buy goods interest-free on line. Has shown remarkable growth, and now has 3000 retailers on board.
- Challenger (CGF): A solid play on annuities, has great distribution through multiple platforms, new ones coming through all the time.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this presentation is general in nature and should not be relied upon. Before making any investment or planning decisions, you should consult a licensed professional who can advise you whether your decision is appropriate for you. Contributors to this show may have commercial or financial interests in the companies mentioned.
MORE ON Equities
4 stocks mentioned
3 contributors mentioned
Buy Hold Sell is a weekly video series exclusive to Livewire. In each episode two fund managers give their views 'Buy, Hold or Sell' on five ASX listed companies. Not recommendations, please read the disclaimer and seek advice where appropriate.